Monday

Saying, Mantras, Quotes, Inspiration

I love a good quote, an inspiring passage to make you smile, get you off your a**, keep you motivated, show you the way, help you grow and understand, or just to make you think. I have them all over my house. They're written in journals, taped onto the walls, everywhere I think I may just need to see them. So here is a small collection of my favorites, and I will add more when I find them, or need them. (I'm not certain of where some of these quotes come from, sorry about that)

“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream”. Vincent van Gogh

"people say that I'm a dreamer... but I'm not". (from the movie Dinner with Schmucks - super funny!!)

"You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

"You have 2 choices in life; you can choose your thoughts, or accept them from an outside source"

"you must be polite with yourself when you are learning something new" Eat Pray Love

"Our language has so many words to choose from, when you pick words that show respect for other people's feelings, it says a lot about you." - Mama Berenstain from The Berenstain Bears

Until you have learned to be tolerant with those who do not always agree with you; until you have cultivated the habit of saying some kind word of those whom you do not admire; until you have formed the habit of looking for the good instead of the bad there is in others, you will be neither successful nor happy. Napolean Hill

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice " off of a friends facebook page...

Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It's the mastery of fear. It's about getting up one more time than we fall down. - Arianna Huffington

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.—Sidney J. Harris

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.—Dale Carnegie

Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened. -- Billy Graham

"practice learning to hear the message, or you'll end up learning the lesson" I heard Cheryl Richardson say this last night on Hay House Radio

No comments: