Monday

Can you find a Balance

I've had this problem for a while now, a few years actually... my problem is finding the right balance between having treats and ...... well.... not having treats. I like to keep foods as Healthy as possible, and I'm a firm believer of not jumping on and off detoxes, diets and other food fads. There was a time where I went nearly 9 months without any sugar what so ever, no treats, not one cookie or muffin or chocolate or candy. But I don't want that either, I think that we should eat what we like (and by that I don't mean sugar filled candy, corner store chocolate bars, gummy worms and pop, I mean healthy cookies made with Agave Nectar or muffins made with Honey, etc). I think it's much better to try to eat the best you can all the time and not binge or starve. There are time though that I just can't stop myself from eating these delish yet healthy treats, recently I made some really yummy (and healthy) Pumpkin and GingerBread muffins with a to die for Butter Cream icing (recipe here, thanks again OhSheGlows), yesterday I had 2, and today I had 2 too! This is where I feel the guilt, and I don't want to feel guilty for eating a muffin, but I also don't want to be stuck with this muffin top!
It's not just now at the Holiday time that I find myself struggling with this, but it's definatly more difficult around Christmas that's for sure.

I'm wondering what YOU do about this Balance. Have you found a balance with treating yourself with sweets? Are you one who only has treats on the weekend, or for special occasions, do you make yourself workout for a cookie?

Please tell me what you do in the comments below, and how it works for you. Thanks!

No comments: